This article was originally published in the April/May 2007 issue of Ottawa Magazine.Lindsay Ferguson appeared in our Pick 3 department in 2007
A couple of weeks ago, singer Lindsay Ferguson sent us an email with the subject line “Good Morning From Switzerland!” We don’t get too much spam from the Alps, so I opened it.
In it, Ferguson gave us the update on her career — she now splits her time between Bern, Switzerland and Wakefield — and let us know she would be releasing her new record at The Black Sheep Inn on May 23rd.
3 Favourite Possessions
- My guitar
- My fingers
- My life
3 Best Concerts You’ve Played
- The Bluesfest. Because it’s the Ottawa Bluesfest!
- The “Reitschule” in Switzerland, because not only is it over 200 years old, covered with the most spectacular graffiti and full of inspiration, but I also got to share the stage with Geoff Berner, the West Coast’s best soul-singing/punk-inspired/accordion-playing whiskey rabbi
- De Barras Folk Club in Cork, Ireland—the most amazing place, in a “musical ghosts everywhere” kind of way
3 Musicians You’d Love to Perform With
- Kate Bush
- Xavier Rudd
3 Musicians You Love to HateThis is Lindsay now!
I never did like the hate word, but I could list three whom I feel a jealous affection toward. But, really, they just motivate me to do better, work harder. Their music is legend.
- Hawksley Workman
- Nelly Furtado
3 Fantasy Dates
- Performing at the Glastonbury Festival
- Recording a song with the Chieftains
- Having Leadbelly at my window, singing me to sleep
3 Songs You Wish You’d Written
- “In The Gutter” by Mick Flannery
- “The Big Sky” by Kate Bush
- “What a Wonderful World”
3 Favourite Power Ballads
- “Love Bites” by Def Leppard
- “November Rain” by Guns N’ Roses
- “Oh Sherry” by Journey
3 Restaurants You Love to Eat AtThe poster for Lindsay Ferguson’s tour to promote her new album, Chameleon.
- Soupçon for the Thai red curry bowl
- Café Molo’s for the smoked salmon bagel with cream cheese, capers, red onions, and lemon
- Pho Bo Ga La 2 for the rice noodle bowl with shrimp, cilantro, lime, and hot sauce
3 Dream Jobs
- Entertainment writer
- Food writer
- PAID singer/songwriter