Maybe you want to eat a more plant-based diet, but don’t know how to start. Or perhaps you’ve been a vegetarian for a long time and are looking to shake up your cooking routine? Maybe you just want to learn more about cruelty-free makeup and clothing?
Get to Veg Fest!
Thousands of vegans, vegetarians, locavores, foodies, and curious omnivores will descend on the RA Centre this weekend for this annual celebration of plant-based living. It’s the perfect opportunity to ask everything you’ve always wanted to know but never got around to asking.
Find it: RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Dr.
Tickets: $5 (kids under 10 free)
Hours: 10am – 4pm (Saturday, June 2 and Sunday, June 3)
You can check out the full schedule online, but here’s a taste of what’s in the line-up:
- For the hummus lover: Omer Abdallah from the vegan eatery Chickpeas demonstrates how to make brilliant legume dishes.
- For the sports nut: Superstars Meagan Duhamel and Georges Laraque are part of a four-person panel on vegan athletes.
- For the foodie: The Buddhist Chef (aka Jean-Philippe Cyr) — of the famous cooking videos — hosts a cooking demo.
- For the curious parent: A panel discussion of four experts discussing how to raise vegan children.
- For the wannabe: A fitness expert and a nutritionist team up to answer any and all questions about vegan living.