Is it cocktail hour yet? If it’s March 20 at 6 p.m., then the answer is yes! That’s when 16 of the city’s most creative bartenders converge at Lansdowne Park’s Horticulture Building to battle it out for your vote in the regional championships of MadeWithLove.
Your prize? The chance to have these amazing bartenders — also known as barchefs — mix up their most original, most impressive, most visually stunning cocktails, the goal being to blow your mind and get your vote.
Their prize? The winner heads to the national finals in Montreal in May to compete for a chance to win one of 10 trips to one of Made With Love’s affiliated distilleries.
The details: Get your tickets by March 6 for the early-bird rate of $55. After that it’s $65, then $75 at the door (if there are any spots left).
Competitor List: For the keeners who want to pre-scout the competing barchefs and their specialties, here’s who’s scheduled to mix it up that night:
- Christopher Vachon: Salt Dining + Lounge
- Eric Romolock: Fauna Ottawa
- Andrew McDow: Bar Laurel
- Jason Frederick: Common Eatery
- Julian Bernard: Fauna Ottawa
- Jeff Taylor: South Block Whiskey Bar
- Mark McLachlan: Atari
- Gabriel Tessier: Datsun
- Marty Pineault: Ace Mercado
- Simon Hodgson: Riviera Ottawa
- Simon Lemay: Fairouz
- Josh Schweyer: steak & sushi
- Alex Langille: North & Navy
- Taylor Provan: steak & sushi
- Aryn Åver: Bar Robo
- Cristin Price: Bar Laurel
City Bites Hot Tip: Don’t ignore the food! Each ticket gets you a chance to taste all those cocktails, along with their food pairing. With that many drinks to sample, a tasty little something to soak up the booze is a must.