Please supply electronic artwork plus a full-colour proof. Acceptable proofs are from high-quality digital output. (Colour laser proofs are not acceptable.) A final laser proof is acceptable for black-and-white ads only. The Art Department is Macintosh-based. We accept electronic artwork on CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, or via ftp.
Acceptable File formats:
Adobe InDesign CS2: supplied as a document (.indd) or EPS file. Must include support files (all scanned images: contone, half-tone or line art) and all fonts used (both screen and printer).
QuarkXPress 5, or 6: supplied as a document (.qxd) or an EPS file. Must include support files (all scanned images: contone, half-tone or line art) and all fonts used (both screen and printer).
Adobe Illustrator (up to CS2): files must be saved as AI or EPS, with all type converted to outlines, fonts supplied (screen and printer). All colours must be converted to CMYK format.
Adobe Photoshop (up to CS2): files can be saved as Grayscale or CMYK. Please scan artwork at 100% of size used, 150 lpi, 300 dpi as PSD, TIFF or EPS format.
Note: If sending PC versions, please save file as TIFF or EPS, ensuring to outline all fonts. Corel Draw please save file as AI file. We are a Mac-only environment and cannot make corrections to PC files. We cannot load PC fonts onto our system. All fonts outlined in vector artwork.
- Compress files using Zip, Stuffit or Diskdoubler;
- Please label your disks clearly, including a contact name and number in case there are any questions or problems;
- Screened images no lighter than 15%;
- Transport Media: CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, via ftp.
Send artwork (CD-ROM, DVD-ROM) to:
St. Joseph Media
Attention: Art Department
43 Eccles St.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1R 6S3
Accessing our ftp
There are two ways of transmitting compressed files:
1) Using a browser window (not recommended), type “ftp.capitalpublishers.com” into the address field and follow the prompts for username and password, or
2) With an ftp client such as Fetch, Transmit, SmartFTP, or CuteFTP, type the following information into the appropriate fields.
DIRECTORY: upload_to_Capital, place compressed artwork into the appropriate folder (i.e. Ottawa Magazine, Where Ottawa, etc.).
Please fax confirmation of material uploaded via FTP, to 613-230-4441, with the name of the file, as well as the name and telephone number of a contact person.