Shop Talk is written by OM senior editor Dayanti Karunaratne and Sarah Fischer, OM account executive and fashion maven.
Attention shoppers! Just a quick note to say Happy New Year — and to let you know that the Shop Talk gals are still on the scene, searching out trends and deals and new sources of inspiration.
Yes, we have enjoyed some time away from the office. In December, Dayanti took off to California where she enjoyed concerts, parties, and whole lot of lazing about with family and friends. (One last hurrah before the baby bump starts slowing her down!) Sarah is currently in Florida, having a great time in the sunny south. For New Year’s Eve she watched a gorgeous sunset, followed by a huge fireworks display at Naples Beach.
Here’s a preview of what’s to come on Shop Talk in 2012:
- Event reviews. We already have two of the big events of the year penciled into our dayplanners. Expect runway reports and plenty of industry gossip.
- Store profiles. Every other week we highlight a local store with quality in-store photography and insider tips.
- Trend reports. Sarah loves the colour, Dayanti’s closet is full of neutrals, but we are always looking to break our own style rules and experiment with new wardrobe elements.
- Guest bloggers. We’re lining up experts and other opinionated people to share their thoughts on everything stylish.
- More reader input. Do you have a great idea for a post or something shopping-related you want to get off your chest? Leave us a note in our comments section below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.